The Monroe Bucket Bag
The Monroe Bucket style bag was inspired by my love and respect for Marilyn Monroe. A fashion icon of her time, her curves were what both men and women loved about her. Curves are what make The Monroe so special.
Two sizes are included in the pattern, a handbag size and a clutch size. The round base of The Monroe gives both bags plenty of room while still being small to medium bags. The pleats give additional width without making the opening too wide. The handbag size comes with two slip pockets, one interior zipped pocket and a recessed zip enclosure.
The clutch size comes with four slip pockets and is perfect for any young lady to carry their date night essentials or a little girls dream handbag to match their mother's handbag size Monroe. Or how about a halloween clutch made in your favourite scary fabric, perfect to hold all those candies. I see the clutch size being very popular for makers who sell at craft fairs. The pattern comes with digitally drawn pattern pieces, step by step instructions and digitally drawn diagrams.
Huff 'n Cuffs patterns also has a Facebook group where you can ask for help at any time of the day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HuffnCuffsPatterns/
Follow my blog to get updates of new patterns. https://huffncuffspatterns.com/
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY You must be able to read patterns and use a sewing machine
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS handbag size - height 10 inch width 8.25 inch clutch size - height 8 inch width 6.25 inch
RECOMMENDED WITH THIS PATTERN
- Lining fabric - approx. 1/2 to 1 yards quilting weight
- Exterior fabric - approx. 1/2 to 1 yard quilting weight
- Fusible fleece - approx. 1/2 yard e.g. Vilene 630 or 640, Pellon 987f
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing - approx. 1 to 2 yards e.g. Pellon sf101 (amount depends on interfacing being used)
- Extra firm non-woven interfacing - approx. 1/4 yard e.g. Craftfuse 808
- Contrast fabric - approx. 1/2 yard quilting weight
- Stabilizer - 3 inch by 3 inch, 6.2 inch by 6.2 inch (clutch) or 8.2 inch by 8.2 inch (handbag) e.g. Peltex 71f
- 7 inch zipper, 12 inch zipper (handbag size only, you can also use a longer zip and it can be cut down to size).
- 1 magnetic snap (clutch) , 2 x 1 inch rectangle rings
- cutting mat
- chalk/fabric pen
- rotary cutter/fabric scissors
- sewing machine