Nelly Tote and Misty Crossbody Bag Bundle
This pattern bundle includes the Misty Cross body bag pattern and the Nelly Tote bag pattern in PDF form. The two patterns are combined into a .zip file.
Follow my blog to be emailed about new pattern releases.
Misty is inspired by my daughter who is a university student. I wanted to design a crossbody bag big enough for a student without being too large and cumbersome, but I also wanted it to be stylish. That is where the exterior slip pockets take Misty into the heart of the fashion world. The clean lines of the connector pocket and the curve of the back slip pocket reminded me of the summery tops that young women wear. Misty truly is a fashion statement and a must have for any season.
The pattern includes instructions and pattern pieces for the two exterior slip pockets, one interior zipped pocket and a recessed zipper closure. There are step by step instructions written in large spacing to make it easier to follow, along with detailed diagrams to help you make the pattern with relative ease. There are no difficult procedures in the pattern and a domestic machine would have no trouble with any part of the construction. The pattern is written for quilting weight fabrics with tips for using vinyl.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY You must be able to read a sewing pattern and have already made bags before.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Finished size of bag is: Height 12 inch, Width 11 inch and Depth 4 inch
- Supplies Needed 1 x 11/2 inch strap slide
- Exterior fabric - approx. 1 yard decor fabric or 100% quilting cotton
- Lining fabric - approx. 11/2 yard 100% quilting cotton
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing - approx. 2.5 yards e.g. Pellon sf101 (amount depends on interfacing and fabric being used)
- Fusible fleece - approx. 1/2 - 1 yard e.g. Vilene 630 or 640, Pellon 987f
- 10 inch zipper (1 inch wide)
- 14 inch zipper handbag zipper
- 2 x 11/2 inch D rings or O rings
- Contrast fabric - approx. 1/2 yard decor, 100% cotton, vinyl
- 2 x 11/2 inch swivel snap hooks
- rotary cutter and mat
- if using vinyl - teflon foot, walking foot or rolling foot thread sewing machine
Nelly is a large versatile tote bag with plenty of pockets for that perfect day out! One zipped exterior pocket, one optional hidden pocket and two slip pockets! Pattern comes with step by step instructions with diagrams where you have the option of adding the hidden pocket or leaving it out.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY Basic sewing skills and know how to read a pattern
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Height 14 Inch Width 13 Inch Depth 5 Inch
- Exterior fabric - approx. 1 to 11/2 yards 2 x 1 - 1 1/4 inch D rings or O rings
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing - approx. 2 to 3 yards e.g. Pellon sf101 (amount depends on interfacing being used)
- Stabilizer - 11/2 inch by 3 inch (3 inch by 3 inch if doing hidden pocket) e.g. Peltex 71f
- Fusible fleece - approx. 1 yard e.g. Vilene 630 or 640, Pellon 987f
- Contrast fabric - approx. 1/2 yard quilting weight Lining fabric - approx. 1 to 11/2 yards
- 2 x 1 inch swivel snap hooks
- 7 inch zipper
- Extra firm non-woven interfacing - 71/2 inch by 11/2 inch e.g. Craftfuse 808 1 magnetic snap (2 magnetic snaps if doing the hidden pocket)
- Chalk or fabric pen
- Pins or clips
- Scissors or Rotary cutter